Certain Affinity is seeking a Contract Scripter with experience implementing gameplay and related systems for both single player and multiplayer games.
As a Contract Scripter at Certain Affinity, you will be part of a team creating and implementing fun and exciting gameplay for both AAA first person action titles and other smaller, high quality products. You will have opportunities to create and script gameplay and related systems, including core gameplay, combat and puzzles, game modes, and events.
- Work closely with the Design Lead to implement and iterate on level gameplay and events and game modes that match the high quality level and product goals of the game
- Work with designers, artists, engineers, and other scripters to conceive and implement engaging gameplay encounters and cinematic events for single player, cooperative, and multiplayer levels
- Implement weapon, item, and other special equipment systems
- Support level designers in the setup and configuration of game modes and other gameplay-related systems on their levels
- Learn and maintain existing gameplay-related systems and scripted gameplay and events
- Collaborate with the development team to facilitate idea generation and feature implementation
- Assist in frequent play testing of levels and associated game modes and systems and gather and integrate feedback from internal and external Quality Assurance
- Proven experience with non-visual scripting or programming languages (C, C++, C#, LUA, Python, etc.)
- Proven ability to dissect and understand core gameplay and mechanics and embrace and enhance them through scripted gameplay and events
- Experience with world building tools such as Radiant, UnrealEd, CryEngine, and Hammer
- Ability to manage hard deadlines while adjusting to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Strong creative problem solver and out-of-the-box thinker
- Degree from accredited four-year college or university in a related field or equivalent experience
- Previous development experience, including (but not limited to) level design, weapon and objective placement, game play and game mode design and implementation, pacing, and usability testing
- Extensive experience playing FPS shooters and action games such as Call of Duty, Halo, or Battlefield
- Experience working with Unreal 4 or Unity3D
- Systems design experience
This position will be onsite at the Certain Affinity studio in Austin, TX. The contractor will be paid via a third party vendor.