Certain Affinity is hiring Contract QA Testers
Certain Affinity is growing by leaps and bounds and needs talented quality assurance professionals. Individuals who have a passion for games that drives them to work tirelessly to deliver high-quality player experiences. Join a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans working at entirely independent company. We’ve co-developed games in the Call of Duty, Halo, and Left 4 Dead franchises, and we’ve launched a few of our own games as well.
Contract QA Testers are responsible for promoting and supporting our efforts to develop high quality, user-friendly products. This role is responsible for identifying game defects and qualitative issues throughout the title’s development cycle, ensuring a high quality, bug free experience for the consumer upon release.
- Test games and look for product defects
- Document findings in bug tracking software
- Track and maintain bug database to ensure up-to-date information has been entered
- Write qualitative reports to ensure the project is fun and balanced
- Verify development bug fixes through game play regression
- Assist in the generation and execution of test cases
- Assist with remedial development tasks
- Have 6+ months of quality assurance experience and local to the Austin, TX and surrounding area.
- Experience with current gen systems
- Able to maintain a high level of focus while performing repetitive tasks
- Expert knowledge of MS Windows and Office applications
- Knowledge of computer hardware
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Amazing attention to detail
- Able to identify potential problems and supply subjective solutions
- Able to work well within a team
- Able to interact with key internal and external members of publishing and development
- Able to work flexible hours and meet tight deadlines when called upon
- Avid gamer (FPS or MMO)
- Art, Design or Programming background
- Knowledge of Premiere, Maya, C++, and/or Powershell
- Knowledge of database tracker programs and/or game development tools
This is a non-exempt contract position. This position works on site at Certain Affinity. The contractor will be paid through a third party payroll administrator.