Contract IT Systems Support Analyst
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is a unique Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’ve co-developed multiple products for the Call of Duty, Halo and Doom franchises, and we’ve launched a few of our own games as well.
As a Contract IT Support Technician at Certain Affinity, you will work with the IT team and will assist in supporting our internal development team. In this role, you will be working on advanced desktop support and fulfilling helpdesk functions, including troubleshooting and resolving user requests. This role reports to the Director of Technical Operations and requires a self-motivated individual with the ambition to problem-solve, learn and create their own mechanisms for resolving issues, communicating effectively and working in a team environment.
If you’ve done some compelling IT work, are eager to make an impact, able to wear multiple hats, and are open new challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Provide first-tier support to end-users, escalates more complex problems when appropriate
- Respond to assigned help desk tickets, supports and troubleshoots technical request
- Install, configure, upgrade, support and troubleshoot workstation and network hardware and software
- Install and/or upgrades operating systems and standard workstation application software
- Capture and deploy workstation images that include operating systems and other development tools and software.
- Recommend, schedule and perform PC hardware upgrades when required, subject to approvals
- Routes unresolved issues to appropriate team for further investigation and resolution
- Support development and implementation of new projects and installations
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all company hardware and software
- Empower end-users by training and educating them when repairing their workstation
- Handle other tasks as assigned, such as new user account setup
- Office moves – our desks are on wheels, and we move people around to keep teams together
- 2-4 yrs of helpdesk experience
- Experience supporting Windows, Mac and or Linux systems – software and hardware
- Fundamental understanding of networking principles and operation
- Experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within a dynamic environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Must be prepared for occasional work hours at night and on weekends
- Possess a 2-year degree in Computer Science or have equivalent work-related experience.
- Games industry or software development experience preferred
- A+ certification
- System Administration experience